Christmas is a wonderful season filled with all sorts of lights & decorations aswecelebrate Christ’s birth. My wife Jennifer and daughter Shayla love looking at Christmas lights and they commonly chant, “Christmas Lights”in response to being asked what weshould do tonight. Shayla’s excitement and the way her face lights up make the time truly magical. We will often make some hot chocolate and drive around neighborhoods looking for amazing displays, but some ofour favorite locations include:
- Bainbridge Circle Holiday Extravaganza
Murrieta, CA 92563
- Brea Christmas Light Neighborhood
2960-2970 Primrose Ave
- Naples Canals
Long Beach, CA 90899
On all the adventures we bring hot chocolate, andwe have tried quite a few variations. Then last year some friends told us about a hot chocolate hack. Essentially, I make hot chocolate with milk using Swiss Miss milk chocolate powder mix andadd Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares creating a delicious cup of hot chocolate; oneof the best cups I ever had.
Hot Chocolate Hack Recipe
Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark
18 ounces (2.25 cups)
2 Squares (4.15 ounce per square)
1. Either on the stovetop orin the microwave, begin to heat the milk. Be careful notto burn the milk. If using the microwave, try the beverage function ifithasone.
2. While the milk is heating, melt the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squaresin a double boiler using a potand large metal bowl (big enoughtoadd the milk toit). Be careful; the bowl will get hot.
3. After the milk is heated and the squares melted, combine and whisk together all the ingredients.
TRACKING # 1-676511